5 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Front Door Color
Your front door says a lot about you. It is a vital detail which makes your exterior paint job stand out from the rest of the neighborhood. It should inspire you and give your guests a preview into the world inside.
The traditional black, forest green and red front door paint colors are being replaced with a vibrant array of fresh, new colors. These bold shades will secretly give your whole house a new look by simply painting the front door.
Think Outside the Color Box
Follow these recommendations and you will make a great color choice that you will love for many years to come:
1) Your front door should be bold and dramatic. Most people hear the world “bold” and they automatically associate it with a dark shade. Oftentimes light colors will create the boldest impact of all. Be sure to consider both light and dark tones that contrast with the main body color of your home.
2) Do not make your door color an exact match to your shutters. Select a color that complements the rest of your home, yet provides real contrast. The front door should grab your attention and visually pull you into the house. Think unique and bold, yet complimentary.
3) Consider how you want to feel when you look at the front door of your house. Do you want the ambience to be casual and inviting or strong and sophisticated? Which colors make you feel this way?
4) Drive through your neighborhood and take photos of the doors you like and the doors you don’t like. Then go home and pick a new color that you haven’t seen on anyone’s door! Again, think fresh and bold, but complimentary.
5) Take a photograph of your home, upload it to your computer or mobile device and use a “color visualizer” to insert a variety of door colors. An easy-to-use free visualizer can be found at:
3 Trendy Door Color Selections from Sherwin-Williams
Sherwin-Williams “Wild Current” SW7583
Evokes Images of: Wine
Undertones: Raisin, Gray, Brown
Sherwin-Williams “Gulfstream” SW6768
Evokes Images of: Beach Vacations, Peacock Feathers
Undertones: Turquoise, Emerald, Deep Blue
Sherwin-Williams “Daisy” SW6910
Feeling: Warmth and Cheerful
Evokes Images of: Summertime, Lemons
Undertones: Yellow, Snow White
For expert guidance in choosing the best front door paint color for you, call us now and let us help!