Annual Seasonal Precautionary Tips
Here are a few tips you can follow to help you avoid common seasonal problems around your house.
1. Pressure wash your house, pool area, and any decking.
2. Clean the condensation lines on your cooling system.
3. Check that your outside air conditioning unit is clear of debris.
4. Inspect the anode rod in your water heater.
5. Make sure the water seal on your deck is still active.
6. Check your chimney to be sure that the damper is working properly and that soot and creosote have not built up.
7. Inspect and clean any foundation drain openings.
8. Lubricate and inspect your garage door and springs.
9. Replace the thermostat batteries, if applicable.
10. Inspect all your thresholds and weather stripping.