Festive Fall Porch Decor
The changing season gives us an opportunity to change up our front porch decor to welcome friends and neighbors to this festive time of year. If you’re looking for inspiration to embellish your home’s entry, consider these ten ideas for adding seasonal accents to your porch!
1. Tiered Pumpkins. Autumn decor isn’t complete without a pumpkin or two. Stack these favorite fall accents vertically for a dramatic effect.
2. Extra or Unexpected Orange Accents. Incorporate additional decor, such as pillows, end tables, colorful chairs, and paper lanterns, in shades of orange to complement your pumpkins!
3. Leaves and Branches. With all the changing leaves around your home, clip a few branches from a tree that can spare them and display their vivid colors with your pumpkin collection.
4. Cornstalks. Straw bales and dried cornstalks add natural and neutral texture to any front porch scene.
5. Mums. The perfect flowering perennial to complement your fall porch arrangement, and especially stunning when displayed in repetition.
6. Gourds and Kale. Fall is a wonderful time of year to grow kale, a colorful cabbage with showy leaves. Pair the edible vegetable with gourds for an unexpected display on your porch and the added bonus of extra vitamins ready for your soup pot or sauté pan!
7. Rakes. Flip them upside down as a shelf for mini pumpkins, or insert leaves, cornhusks or berries into their teeth!
8. Old Wheelbarrows. Harvest time necessitates a wheelbarrow for bringing in the bounty. Park it next to the doorstep as a reminder of autumn’s abundance.
9. Other Fall Hues. There’s no rule that says fall decor must incorporate orange at all times. Aubergine and green are equal players in the fall color palette.
10. Halloween Haunts. A few haunted embellishments are always a fun way to express your spooky side on the porch this time of year.