Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
Winter is almost upon us. Here are a few tips to help you get your home ready for the coming cold weather.
1. Check the hot water in the house to make sure the water is heating up to the set temperature on the hot water heater.
2. Vacuum around all fire and smoke detectors, dust and cobwebs can prevent them from working properly.
3. Monitor the home for excessive moisture levels, such as checking for condensation on the windows.
4. Check all windows and doors for cold air leaks.
5. Examine all electrical cords and outlets for both indoor and outdoor seasonal lighting to ensure fire safety. If the plugs or cords feel warm to the touch, you should replace them as soon as possible.
What other things do you do to prepare your home for winter? Share your thoughts and idea to let others know!